Nurturing the Mother ® Pregnancy and Postpartum
Nurturing the Mother ® has certified 1000s of massage therapists in pregnancy and postpartum massage since 1990. This method utilizes a comfortable, secure side-lying position to avoid undue pressure on a growing abdomen and the lower back. Mothers are completely supported by pillows, keeping hip, knee and ankle on the same level to avoid pulling on the sacroiliac joint and to maximize blood and lymph circulation. Side-lying is the safest for mother and baby, and educates the client about the ideal sleeping position.
This Nurturing the Mother ® protocol uses a combination of the following methods:
- Calming Swedish massage strokes for deep muscle relaxation, tension release and increased circulation.
- Gentle range-of-motion and stretching movements to relieve pressure through neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back, and hips, and to promote greater strength, flexibility and balance
- Deep tissue techniques in the hip and gluteal area to help alleviate chronic lower back and hip pain.
- Abdominal massage with client permission for round ligament pain, to support digestion, increase circulation to the placenta and baby and to increase awareness of the baby. The baby will feel and benefit from the massage.
- Lymph drainage strokes to reduce pregnancy induced edema.
This course also includes: Labor Massage, Postpartum massage protocol, introduction to newborn and infant massage. LMT’s are supported with marketing material to promote their new skills
Nurturing the Mother ® Fertility
This Fertility Massage course is a certification that grew out of the original Nurturing the Mother® pregnancy massage training. When many of the demos in the training reported joyously conceiving after receiving the protocol in class, Claire knew this must be expanded and shared to help clients who are experiencing fertility challenges. This is a unique and highly effective massage protocol, that includes fertility awareness, cleansing therapies and visualizations that Claire Marie Miller developed through her own experience of consciously conceiving her daughter, Jessica Hope, in 1984. This fertility massage is now being used by many of Claire’s certified therapists with great success.
Benefits of Fertility Massage
- Cleansing the digestive system
- Balancing the cranial-sacral alignment
- Balancing hormones through Integrative Reflexology® techniques that stimulate the reproductive areas and endocrine glands
- Breaking up pelvic adhesions and congestion
- Uterus positioning
- Fertility reflexology
- Increased circulation through the pelvis
- Deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Knowledge of ovulation timing
This course also includes: The making of Fertility Oils that are used in the session.
If you are a school looking to host or a business looking to offer your employees continuing education, please don’t hesitate to contact me to set up a class.