Nurturing the Mother ® Pregnancy and Postpartum
Nurturing the Mother ® has certified 1000s of massage therapists in pregnancy and postpartum massage since 1990. This method utilizes a comfortable, secure side-lying position to avoid undue pressure on a growing abdomen and the lower back. Mothers are completely supported by pillows, keeping hip, knee and ankle on the same level to avoid pulling on the sacroiliac joint and to maximize blood and lymph circulation. Side-lying is the safest for mother and baby, and educates the client about the ideal sleeping position.
This Nurturing the Mother ® protocol uses a combination of the following methods:
- Calming Swedish massage strokes for deep muscle relaxation, tension release and increased circulation.
- Gentle range-of-motion and stretching movements to relieve pressure through neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back, and hips, and to promote greater strength, flexibility and balance
- Deep tissue techniques in the hip and gluteal area to help alleviate chronic lower back and hip pain.
- Abdominal massage with client permission for round ligament pain, to support digestion, increase circulation to the placenta and baby and to increase awareness of the baby. The baby will feel and benefit from the massage.
- Lymph drainage strokes to reduce pregnancy induced edema.
This course also includes: Labor Massage, Postpartum massage protocol, introduction to newborn and infant massage. LMT’s are supported with marketing material to promote their new skills
Nurturing the Mother ® Fertility
This Fertility Massage course is a certification that grew out of the original Nurturing the Mother® pregnancy massage training. When many of the demos in the training reported joyously conceiving after receiving the protocol in class, Claire knew this must be expanded and shared to help clients who are experiencing fertility challenges. This is a unique and highly effective massage protocol, that includes fertility awareness, cleansing therapies and visualizations that Claire Marie Miller developed through her own experience of consciously conceiving her daughter, Jessica Hope, in 1984. This fertility massage is now being used by many of Claire’s certified therapists with great success.
Benefits of Fertility Massage
- Cleansing the digestive system
- Balancing the cranial-sacral alignment
- Balancing hormones through Integrative Reflexology® techniques that stimulate the reproductive areas and endocrine glands
- Breaking up pelvic adhesions and congestion
- Uterus positioning
- Fertility reflexology
- Increased circulation through the pelvis
- Deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Knowledge of ovulation timing
This course also includes: The making of Fertility Oils that are used in the session.
Nurturing the Mother ® Wise Woman Menopause
The Nurturing the Mother® Wise Woman Menopause Massage class is a delightful, fun and informative workshop to learn techniques and protocol for therapeutic massage in support of the powerful life changes a woman experiences in her peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopausal stages. During this time in a woman’s life she can take charge of her body again, after decades of giving to her family and career. Women’s healthcare, especially for the aging female, is largely under-researched and unable to provide effective techniques for women to cope with their changing bodies. This course will support the massage therapist in educating the client, along with addressing her areas of concern that may have largely been overlooked by most healthcare practitioners.
This unique protocol utilizes aromatherapy blends specifically designed by Cynthia Loving, master clinical aroma-therapist, in collaboration with Claire Marie Miller.
The session also includes:
- Gentle belly massage with castor oil packs to improve digestion
- Hair and scalp rejuvenation massage
- Facial massage to hydrate the tissue and reduce wrinkles
- Psoas focus to work the kidney and bladder meridians for the winter element
- Reflexology points for organ and hormonal stimulation
- Deep effleurage of the posterior body to complete the session with a soothing and relaxing effect
Integrative Reflexology® is a foot and hand reflexology training that is designed to be a modality of massage and bodywork therapies. The Integrative Reflexology® method is a whole-hand technique that is easier for the therapists to give and more enjoyable for the client to receive.
In this foundational certification course you will learn the basic techniques of foot and hand reflexology through the 4-Theory Approach. The four theories include Structural Alignment Theory, Zone Theory, Meridian Theory and Psychoneuroimmunology Theory.
Benefits of an Integrative Reflexology® session:
- A deeply relaxing and therapeutic response.
- Increased digestive response and constipation relief.
- Sinus drainage, perhaps while still in the session.
- Decreased bronchi and lung congestion.
- Endocrine stimulation
- Organ stimulation
- Uterine reflex stimulation can help to bring on overdue babies or late menses.
- Uterine reflex stimulation will also relieve some of the symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
- Reduced muscular tension in the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, sciatic area and spine.
- Reduced swelling in the feet and lower limbs.
- Increased lymphatic, nerve and blood circulation.
- Kidney stones have been reported to pass with the stimulation of the kidney reflexes.
- Many clients report they are as relaxed as if they had a full body massage.
Lymphatic Massage for Detoxification
Learn a technique that will provide your clients with powerful detoxification! This protocol combines a basic lymphatic massage with skin brushing, castor oil packs on the abdomen and additional detoxifying foot reflexology, which enhances a potent cleanse to the body.
In this course you will learn:
- A complete, full-body lymphatic massage
- Anatomy of the lymphatic system
- New information from recent research on the lymphatic system
- Castor oil pack applications to support cleansing of the lymph nodes in the small intestine
- Deep, colon-cleansing massage techniques
- Indications and contraindications for lymphatic massage
If you are a school looking to host or a business looking to offer your employees continuing education, please don’t hesitate to contact me to set up a class.